Format: Teams of up to 6. You can come along every week if you like or just the weeks that it suits; up to you
Cost: Entry is free.
Address: 25A Glendale Road, Glen Eden, Auckland
Contact: for booking quiz tables firstname.lastname@example.org
We used the Qwizard service that provides the club with all the questions and a scoring system, taking the hassle out of quizzing. They are running a Winter League, due to start on June 7th. This year the league coincides with the release of their new Qwizard app which provides new features and a simpler design to help Phil when he hosts our quiz evenings, but also a new look and new on-screen features for players, which will be released over the course of the league.
Here are the details they have provided about this league and how it works:
- this year’s Winter League will run for 13 weeks from Wednesday 7 June, until Wednesday, 30th August
- the league includes over $10,000 of prizes (weekly vouchers and grand final prizes)
- They expect to have about 35 venues participating in this year’s league, including us.
- They monitor and track teams in separate league tables, sharing results in their automated emails and on our website
- They offer one random $30 spot prize to a non-winning team for every outlet for every week
- They announce the spot prize winners on Facebook about midday every Friday
- They will advise us of our $30 voucher winner, so we can make the voucher available
- this year they require a minimum of 4 teams at each venue in order to draw our spot prize
- the Top 20 teams will be invited to a Grand Final event – this year they intend to run a final event in Christchurch and Auckland simultaneously
- teams must attend 3 events during the league to qualify for the finals
- maximum team size of 6 players
Phil and the quiz team are looking forward to seeing you and your team join in.