The club is planning activities to celebrate our Centenary coming up in 2022. Below are the dates so that you can sort out your calendar. Past members are particularly welcome as you are part of the history of our Club and have many memories to share.
- Saturday 29th January: Anniversary Weekend. One day triples Tournament, for current members only.
- Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th April: During Easter, a two-day Open Tournament; Fours (playing Fours and Pairs) $10,000.00 prizemoney. Entry fee of $75.00 per person or $300.00 per team, including morning tea, lunches and after match light meal on Saturday.
- Saturday 7th May: An afternoon of bowls for our Mates Bowls 3 Five players past, present and future. Totally social event, allowing one full playing member per team.
- Friday 19th August: An afternoon tea at 2.00pm, aiming at our more senior past and present members who are not keen on going out in the evenings but would enjoy having some involvement and catching up with old friends. Finger food and historical photographs on our big screens.
- Friday 19th August: Meet and Greet for everybody from 5.00pm. Finger food and photographs through the ages on big screens.
- Saturday 20th August: Dine and Dance. Three course meals in restaurant setting, including complimentary wine and a live band. Limited to the first 100 tickets sold.
If you want to play bowls but are unable to form a team, indicate as much to us and we may be able to fit you into a team.
Let us know which events you are interested in attending by selecting them in the survey linked to below:
Your selection is not a commitment, but just an indication for us of your interest, so we can plan ahead and keep you informed on the finer details as they come to hand.
If you can’t complete the form at the link, or have other queries/comments about the centenary please respond by replying here
As part of our celebrations we are looking for photos or documents about the club from years past, so if you have any please get in touch so we can make copies and use them to celebrate the story of the last 100 years of bowling in Glen Eden.