The club has planned a range of events to celebrate our Centenary in 2022, and had great support for those far. Sign up to take park; past members are particularly welcome as you are part of the history of our Club and have many memories to share.
- Saturday 29th January: One day ACT for past and present members. Winners were Steve Tilton, Rosco and Kerry Chapman with 4 wins, 23 ends, 44 pts. – Match report
- Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th April: During Easter, a two-day Open Tournament; Fours (playing Fours and Pairs) $10,000.00 prizemoney kindly sponsored by James Williams, Barfoot & Thompson Glen Eden. Winners for the weekend were Mae Taurua, Jamie Hill, Kolani Maota, & Peni Panapa with a clean sweep of 7 wins – Match Report
- Saturday 7th May: An afternoon of bowls for our Mates ‘n’ Bowls players past, present and future. Totally social event, allowing one full playing member per team. Kindly sponsored by, Barfoot & Thompson Glen Eden. – Match Report
- Friday 19th August: An afternoon tea at 2.00pm, aiming at our more senior past and present members who are not keen on going out in the evenings but would enjoy having some involvement and catching up with old friends. Finger food and historical photographs on our big screens. – Details
- Friday 19th August: Meet and Greet for everybody from 5.00pm. Finger food and photographs through the ages on big screens. Kindly sponsored by Logans Autos – Details
- Saturday 20th August: Dine and Dance. Three course meals in restaurant setting, including complimentary wine and a live band. Limited to the first 100 tickets sold. – Booking details
If have queries/comments about the centenary please respond by replying here
As part of our celebrations we are looking for photos or documents about the club from years past, so if you have any please get in touch so we can make copies and use them to celebrate the story of the last 100 years of bowling in Glen Eden.
Thank you to our sponsors for their kind support
The happy winner of the raffle for the one of a kind commemorative set of bowls kindly made and donated to the club by Henslite NZ/AUS was Wendy Mather. Our thanks to Henslite and all the members who supported the raffle and raised $1000 towards the cost of our centenary celebrations